ONE VISOR IS ALL YOU NEED. SO TOSS THE SUNGLASSES AND TINTED ACCESSORIES.
Blinding sun – every rider has experienced this at least once during a ride. Meet the next generation of eye protection for motorsport enthusiasts of all kinds. Whether you’re a daily commuter or a weekend warrior, Akari® is your solution.
This state of the art visor insert features e-Tint®, the patented liquid crystal technology enabling the rider to change tint from light to dark in less than 1/100th of a second. The Akari® AX12 operates with a USB rechargeable battery and installs easily onto your face-shield in minutes – no tools necessary. The adhesive mesh liner offers additional light filtration around the insert and offers easy transfer to other shields. Complete control over your tint lies in a small button that mounts to the outside of your face-shield.
Switch between light and dark instantly with the quick touch a button. Or, program your desired setting to have the insert switch automatically via the light-sensing photo cell – and go hands free!
The universal AX12 insert fits nearly 99% of industry-standard visors on the market.
- NEW! Improved transmission for better UVA/UVB protection
- NEW! Enhanced optics exceeds ANSI Z87.1 haze standards
- NEW! Now made with polycarbonate for stronger durability
- NEW! Improved electronics with over 40 hours of battery life. The e-Tint® system is voltage driven and uses very little current. A fully charged battery offers at least forty (40) hours of tinted operation. Leave a fully charged AX12 on the shelf and you will still have tinting power after 3 weeks. The AX12 is powered by a lithium polymer battery, and is rechargeable via a supplied micro-USB cable.
- Superior anti-fog. Exceptional vision. Akari® inserts includes a permanent anti-fog coating eliminating the need for re-application, like most wipe or spray anti-fog solutions. This feature is further enhanced by the double lens system.
- Liquid crystals. From the lab to the road. e-Tint® technology is based primarily on a liquid crystal system. A customized mixture of proprietary dyes, in a liquid crystal host, is sandwiched between two flexible plastic substrates coated with transparent electrodes. By applying voltage to the substrates, the electro-optic response of the liquid crystal is used to control the orientation of dyes, and consequently the tint of the insert.
Durable Design. The AX12 is produced with a high-quality and distortion-free polycarbonate plastic offering stronger durability and quality vision. The electronics are housed in a sleek and aerodynamic button that is mounted to the outer, left-hand side of the faceshield
with an automotive grade, pressure-sensitive adhesive.
- Automatic/Manual option. You’re in control. The AX12 can operate in a traditional manual mode (on/off) by a simple press of a button, or in a automatic, light-sensing mode. A light-sensitive photo cell is adapted into the external button, enabling the insert to change tint automatically. The AX12 electronics are also easily programmable to automatically change tint in the lighting condition of your choosing.
- Enhanced UV protection. While most faceshields provide 98% UV protection, the Akari insert offers additional UV protection through the liquid crystal system, and double lens.
- Easy install. No tools. No hassle. Install the AX12 onto your faceshield in minutes – no tools necessary. This insert is equipped with an thin, adhesive vinyl border so you can simply peel, center, and stick into place! Installation templates are provided with the insert to assure a centered and correct position on your faceshield. Scratch or ding your faceshield? No problem. The AX12 can easily peel off the shield and transfer to new one.
- Power fails. You don’t. The Akari® system is equipped with a “fail-safe mechanism” to ensure your safety on the road. In the event of a power failure, the insert will automatically default to clear.